Price-conscious HDTV fans have much reason to rejoice. Vizio, Inc. announced today the availability of its all-new D-Series collection of HDTVs. Consider it an early present just in time for Christmas.
Value-conscious consumers are introduced to a new line-up of Vizio HDTVs, providing an array of screen size options, with access to a range of step-up features like Smart TV and 4K Ultra HD on select models. In addition, the Vizio D-Series line-up offers Full-Array LED backlighting with up to 16 Active LED Zones1 for excellent picture quality and is rolling out now to VIZIO.com and coming soon to Walmart.
The versatility of the all-new D-Series collection gives consumers an affordable entry point to Smart TV and 4K Ultra HD technologies. With an increasing range of 4K movies and shows in the market, D-Series makes 4K Ultra HD entertainment more accessible than ever, boasting excellent picture quality enhanced by Full-Array LED backlighting and Active LED Zones.Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO
Brilliant Picture Quality
The VIZIO D-Series collection gives consumers brilliant picture quality thanks to Full-Array LED backlighting technology on most models. Clear Action? 240 offers enhanced motion clarity with a 120Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning and powerful image processing, so sports and fast-action scenes have stunningly sharp detail.
Full-Array LED backlighting allows for advanced control of LEDs resulting in superior light uniformity and picture performance compared to edge-lit TVs. In addition, up to 16 Active LED Zones dynamically adjust to match the light and dark portions of on-screen content, culminating in deeper black levels and added contrast.
Select large-size models from 43″ to 70″ class screen sizes in the all-new D-Series line-up deliver 4K Ultra HD resolution with over 8.3 million pixels, bringing more detail to every image and displaying four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD. In addition, consumers with D-Series Ultra HD Smart TVs will access Ultra HD apps and a growing range of Ultra HD shows and movies.
- D-Series 24″ Edge-Lit LED TV (D24hn-D1) MSRP $149.99
- D-Series 24″ Edge-Lit LED Smart TV (D24-D1) MSRP $169.99
- D-Series 28″ Full-Array LED TV (D28hn-D1) MSRP $169.99
- D-Series 28″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D28h-D1) MSRP $189.99
- D-Series 32″ Full-Array LED TV (D32hn-D0/D32hn-D1) MSRP $189.99
- D-Series 32″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D32-D1) MSRP $229.99
- D-Series 39″ Full-Array LED TV (D39hn-D0) MSRP $279.99
- D-Series 39″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D39h-D0) MSRP $299.99
- D-Series 40″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D40-D1) MSRP $349.99
- D-Series 40″ 4K Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D40u-D1) Coming soon
- D-Series 43″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D43-D1/D43-D2) MSRP $389.99
- D-Series 48″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D48-D0) MSRP $479.99
- D-Series 50″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D50-D1) MSRP $529.99
- D-Series 50″ 4K Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D50u-D1) MSRP $729.99
- D-Series 55″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D55-D2) MSRP $599.99
- D-Series 55″ 4K Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D55u-D1) MSRP $879.99
- D-Series 58″ 4K Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV(D58u-D3) MSRP $1,049.99
- D-Series 60″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D60-D3) MSRP $749.99
- D-Series 65″ Full-Array LED Smart TV(D65-D2) MSRP $999.99
- D-Series 65″ 4K Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV(D65u-D2) MSRP $1,199.99
- D-Series 70″ Full-Array LED Smart TV (D70-D3) MSRP $1,299.99
The D-Series Ultra HD TV models are equipped with an ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band WiFi and VIZIO’s V6 six-core processor, allowing for a fast, easy-to-use streaming experience. Also, access the latest app options2, including Ultra HD content from Netflix, VUDU, UltraFlix, and Toon Goggles 3.
Furthermore, when viewing Full HD or lower resolution content, users will still enjoy enhanced picture quality with VIZIO’s powerful Spatial Scaling Engine. Spatial Scaling beautifully transforms 720p or 1080p HD content to create a beautifully upscaled Ultra HD resolution image with better accuracy and clarity to provide an all-around more immersive viewing experience4.
LG’s Perfect Black
Latest Generation Smart TV Platform
Select models between 24″ to 55″ class screen sizes in the D-Series collection are equipped with VIZIO’s latest generation Smart TV platform – VIZIO Internet Apps Plus. VIZIO’s Smart TV platform gives consumers the power to stream the hottest movies, TV shows, music, and more right to their TV.
The seamless Smart TV experience is possible thanks to built-in WiFi for quick and easy setup and access to popular apps such as Netflix, XUMO, VUDU, iHeartRadio, Hulu, Spotify, YouTube, and more.
XUMO, a new addition to VIZIO Internet Apps Plus, offers a fresh approach that completes the viewing experience by bringing the premium digital content viewers love to the screen of their choice.
MSRP pricing for the collection starts at $149.99 for the D-Series 24″ Edge-Lit LED TV up to $1,299.99 for the 70″ Full-Array LED Smart TV. Consumers can now find the new Vizio D-Series collection online through VIZIO.com and rolling out through Walmart in-store and online.