CurvedView.com College Scholarship – 2017
Helping college students meet the costs of their educational needs
CurvedView.com understands the value of higher education. We feel a degree is important and everyone should have the opportunity to receive the best education. The constantly increasing costs of tuition and other expenses associated with college and obtaining a higher degree can place a tremendous financial strain on students and their families.
For this reason, CurvedView.com is pleased to offer an existing or incoming college student a $1,000 scholarship to meet their educational costs. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
The winner of the “Bright Future” scholarship will be determined through an video essay contest, the details of official rules which are explained below.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the scholarship award.
- A citizen of the United States.
- Currently enrolled or accepted at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshmen, sophomore, or junior in college.
How Much is the Scholarship Award?
1 – One Thousand Dollar ($1,000) scholarship
What Should My Video Essay Include?
Create a video no more than 3 minutes in length, and post to YouTube, answering the following 5 questions: Who am I? What college or university am I attending? What is my chosen field of study? Why is this my passion? How I will use my education to help my community, my country, or the world after I receive my degree?
It can be a simple and straight forward video or one that is heavily edited and highly creative.
Upload your video to YouTube and remember to set it to public. Add a relevant title and description to your video, and add the following statement to the end of your video description:
This is my submission for the 2016 CurvedView.com Bright Future Scholarship from https://www.curvedview.com/. Please help me win $1000 toward my college education. See https://www.curvedview.com/scholarship/ for details. #CurvedViewScholarship
How Can I Improve My Chances of Winning?
Once your video is live, share it on social media channels and work to get as many of your friends to share and watch it as well. Be sure and use #CurvedViewScholarship. If you are adventurous, perhaps pitch you video to reporters or write a post on medium.com about your video to see if you can get more views to the video. Remember to use #CurvedViewScholarship.
When is the Deadline?
This scholarship program will run once each year with the deadline for submissions being the 31st of December.
How Will a Winner be Chosen?
A selection team will score submissions and choose a winner based on 3 equally-weighted categories: Quality of answers to the main questions, and quality of promotion/sharing of your video and this contest, and the view count of your video.
How Will I Find Out Who Won?
The winner will be selected no later than January 15th of the following year. The highest scored video will be determined and announced no later than January 30th.
The winner will be notified by email. You can email email@example.com for scholarship award information.
The award will be paid directly to the financial aid office of the institution attended by the winner and sent directly to the school in the form of a co-payable check.
What Information Will the Winner be Required to Provide?
1. You must submit proof of enrollment at an accredited college or university to participate. Any one of the following proofs is acceptable:
- Scanned copy of your transcripts
- Enrollment verification form
- Acceptance letter to college
- Letter from admissions office confirming registration
2. In addition, the winner will be required to provide hi-res, clear head shot 640px or larger.
What Else do I Need to Know?
If you win, your acceptance of this scholarship means that CurvedView.com has the right to publish your name on our website, blog, and/or social media accounts, if we so desire.
How to Enter the Scholarship Contest?
- Record and upload your video. Copy the video URL.
- Complete the form below, in full.
- Add your video URL to this form.
- Start sharing and promoting your video.
Best of luck to all students who participate in the scholarship contest!
Avoid Scholarship Scams
Six signs of a scholarship scam:
- “This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.” Remember, too good to be true.
- “We’ll do all the work.” Don’t be fooled. There’s no way around it-you must apply for scholarships yourself.
- “You have been selected by a national foundation to receive a scholarship” -or- “You’re a finalist” in a contest you never entered. Before you send money to apply for a scholarship, check it out. Make sure the foundation or program is legitimate.
- “You can’t get this information anywhere else.” There are many free lists of scholarships available.
- “The scholarship will cost some money.” Don’t pay anyone who claims to be “holding” a scholarship for you. Free money shouldn’t cost a thing.
- “May I have your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship?” Do not give out your credit card or bank account number on the phone without getting information in writing first. It may be a set-up to bill your account.